Hoboken Art + Studio Tour
Sat. Nov. 3 & Sun. Nov. 4, 2018
Free self-guided, citywide walking tour of galleries, artists studios, and group exhibitions featuring work by over 100 artists, photographers, musicians and more. There will be art demonstrations, spoken word, and live musical performances. Art tour maps with a listing of galleries and artists’ studios will be available for download on the City of Hoboken website beginning Nov. 1, 2018: www.hobokennj.gov/events/artists-studio-tour-2018 and available for pick-up at the following locations:
• Alex Morales Atelier and Art Gallery - 365 First St.
• Barsky Gallery - 49 Harrison St.
• City Hall - 94 Washington St.
• Field Colony - 1001 Bloomfield St.
• hob'art cooperative Gallery - 720 Monroe St., Suite E208
• Issyra Gallery - 300 Observer Highway
• PROTO Gallery - 66 Willow Ave.
• Roig Collection - W Hotel Hoboken, 225 River St. and 252 First St.
Even though there are many locations, the tour is designed so that people can easily walk from studio to studio and gallery to gallery. Since Hoboken is only a mile square, every site is convenient to the next. As diverse as the art itself, the tour's popularity draws artists far beyond the banks of Hoboken. There will see art in many forms, representing an exciting variety of mediums. Visitors will have a chance to meet the artists, photographers, sculptors, and artisans and witness the creative process at work. Even poets, musicians and performance artists will be on hand to make your day a memorable one. Mediums range from classical figurative realism and abstract expressionism to sculptures and photographic computer generated images; oil paintings, watercolors, acrylics and multi media collage.
Hoboken is accessible by public transportation including: PATH, NJ Transit trains & buses, NY Waterway Ferry & Hudson Bergen Lightrail
For further information, call (201) 420-2000 Ex. 5100 or via email at: email@example.com
Friday, Nov 2, 6pm-8pm
The Guitar Bar, 160 1st St.
Will host an opening party / viewing of artists’ works
The work of 3 artists, already well-known musicians, will be featured:
RICHARD LLOYD - As a founding member of the legendary band Television, this guitarist blazed the way and inspired the likes of U2, Sonic Youth, Wilco, and many other musicians. He is still a high-in-demand solo artist and session musician.
STEVE WYNN - Lead singer of Dream Syndicate, formed in Los Angeles in 1981, Mr Wynn & his bandmates quickly became a favorite of music critics & post-punks. The band went on hiatus in 1989, but Wynn has continued to tour and record since. He has also recently performed with the reunited Dream Syndicate.
TIM FOLJAHN - has collaborated & toured with Half Japanese, Cat Power, Thurston Moore, & the legendary Townes Van Zandt. As a member of Two Dollar Guitar, a solo artist & songwriter, Foljahn is known for creating haunting scenarios & aural landscapes. He will be present at the Fri. evening reception.
The artwork will also be on view for the Hoboken Art + Studio Tour
on Sat & Sun Nov. 3 & 4th, 12pm to 6pm.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: 2018, Art, art exhibit, art show, arts, contemporary art, Drawings, Field Colony, Figure, fine art, Gallery, HBKN Art, HBKN Art+ Studio Tour, hob'art, Hoboken, Hoboken Art, Hoboken Art + Studio Tou, Hoboken artist, Hoboken artists, Hoboken Arts, HobokenArts, Hudson County, Jean-Paul Picard, monroe center, New Jersey, New Jersey artist, NJ artist, Paintings, Ricardo Roig, sculpture, Studio Tour